Friday, January 9, 2009

Chapter 2

The Meeting
Damien got to work the same time that he always does, 25 minutes early, he hated to be late even one minute. Damien’s philosophy when it came to being early, “better to be early than late” plain and simple. The whole way into work he could not help but feel the same feeling that he had the night before on his way home, he could feel eyes on him and it felt as if somebody were in the car with him; every time he would look into the back of the seat he would see only the junk that has collected. There was somebody watching him he knew it, he just could not figure out where from or why. Damien pulled into the parking garage, slowed into his stall and shut the car off trying to shake that uneasy feeling he had.
Derek was waiting in the break room when Damien stepped into the building; Derek had purchased two dozen doughnuts for the whole floor to enjoy. As Damien walked in he was staring at the floor racking his brain trying to figure out what was going on, and why he could not shake this feeling he had; Derek noticed that something was off when he came to work, he could tell.
“Hey Damien man, are you ok?” Derek asked trying not to show the worry in his voice.
“No man I’m not.”
“What’s up?”
“I don’t know something weird is going on.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well I keep getting this creepy feeling that somebody is watching me.”
“Well maybe you have a stalker,” Derek said jokingly.
“Nah man I’m serious.””
“And then today when I was coming to work as soon as I got out of my car the feeling increased.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well to give you an example...”
Damien had to stop because Jameson had come into the room. Damien already felt a little bit uncomfortable telling Derek this, yes they are really good friends and really close, but if something was going down he definitely did not want Derek going down with him. No sooner had Jameson entered the room had he exited, he was almost like a ghost in the night. Damien had to take a quick 30 second break from his suspense to comment on how bad Jameson’s’ B.O. was when he walked into the room.
“Dude I think he only showers once a month!” Damien said trying not to be too loud.
“If we are lucky!” Derek added with intense enthusiasm.
Damien had to slow himself down from laughing so hard and clear his head to finish the conversation that he had started with Derek. For some reason when they are together nothing can be serious, but right now that is what Damien needed, for the situation not to be so strained and tense.
“No but seriously on my way in today....”
“Yeah?”
“I had this feeling that I was being watched.”
Ok, did you look around? I mean could you see anybody?”
Damien was getting a little concerned because Derek was for once being serious. “Does this mean I am not crazy?” Damien thought as he was talking to Derek.
“No I couldn’t see anybody or an...”
Damien paused as if he remembered something.
“Yes! I could swear I saw somebody watching me as I go out of the car, but as soon as I turned all I saw was a shadow disappearing.”
“Maybe it was just a bird?”
“I don’t think so man it was too big.”
“Well are there security cameras or anything in the garage?”
“You know, I don’t know”
“We can check, we can find out man, now you have me worried.”
“I am sorry I did not mean for me to get you all worked up.”
“Dude don’t worry about it I am your friend and that is what I am here for, which brings me to my next point.”
Derek was changing the topic of conversation and Damien was more than welcome for the change
“So I talked to Julie.”
“Oh yeah? Good news or bad news”
“Good I suppose, but remember like I told you earlier she is just getting out of a nasty divorce”
“Oh I know, and like I told you I only want to be friends.”
Derek pulled out his cell phone, which Damien found to be snazzy because it had all of the “bling” you could get for a phone on it. His phone came equipped with the color bulb that lit up when the phone rang, it came with a 30 second battery charger, and he had a playboy bunny sticker on the flip side of it. He flipped it open and started to text somebody; this was not old news to Damien because Derek is somewhat of text-aholic. Damien just had to laugh, he knew how much he loved to text and how fast he can do it, it is amazing I his eyes.
“Hey Derek?” Damien asked quizzically
“Derek...” He repeated.
“Hey snaggle tooth!” He shouted with a sly mock in his voice.
“What?”
“Just kidding about the snaggle tooth bit”, Damien said; “buck tooth”, he mumbled under his breath with a little snicker. “Who are you texting?”
“Julie” Derek replied.
“Are you serious?!” Damien asked with much excitement.
“Yeah dude I promised you yesterday that I would introduce the two of you did I not?”
“Well yeah but usually you lie through your teeth when it comes to stuff like that!”
“Not about her man.”
“Well what are you saying?” Damien asked
“Just that you want to meet her and I am telling her your situation so that she will not get too serious with you and to only remain friends.”
“That’s cool bro, no worries at all I want to go into this thing with an open mind and a closed heart....” Damien paused for a moment, “Did that make sense?” Damien asked with a chuckle.
Ok it is set up we are all going on a double lunch date today, well, at lunch.”
“Cool, I really appreciate it man I don’t want to seem to weird about this whole thing. It’s just that there is something about her I want to get to know there is a force that is pulling me to her, I have to meet her. Again, thank you very much man, now let’s get to work!”
As they were just about to leave the break room James came bolting through the door with a look that could only be described as pain mixed with terror mixed with anger, Damien and Derek where both flabbergasted as to what was going on. Their confusion was quickly me t and overcome with terror as James hit the ground on his knees slowly rocked back and forth a couple of times and finally falling on his face. Damien and Derek both screamed as they saw what was sticking out of his back. Damien immediately raced over to his aide as Derek stood at the other side of the room in shock, he could not understand what was going on, his mind went blank and his knees went weak. Damien looked at Derek and started yelling at him to call 911, Derek stood there blankly, he could see Damien’s lips move but he could not hear anything or respond. As Damien kneeled next to James trying to save his life he reached for his cell phone and called 911 himself, at that same time Julie got to work and walked into the break room. Julie could not believe what was going on when she got there, and here she thought it was going to be just another day at the office.
“What happened?!” Julie screamed.
“I don’t know, I have called 911”, Damien said.
“Take out the pen!”
“I don’t know if we should”, Damien worked in the medical field but he was not sure what would happen if he did.
“Take it out!”
“Here, come here help me do this then.”
As they slowly removed the pen from James’ back there was very minimal bleeding, they placed a coat on his back and rolled him over. Damien checked for a heartbeat and breathing sounds or movement; James still had a pulse, it was weak and thread but Damien could feel it at the same. The ambulance got there within 3 minutes, as they rushed into the room they EMT’s had to push past Derek who was still standing in the door way catalyzed.
“Sir we got it from here”, the EMT said as he motioned for them to leave the room.
“But...”
“We got it don’t worry we will take good care of him.”
“We took the pen out of his back.”
Ok”, that was the last word the EMT said to Damien before they took James out on a stretcher.
Damien pulled out a chair to sit down as the paramedics were leaving, it made a squeaking sound against the hard wood floors that covered the break room. Julie went over to check on Derek to see if he was ok, if he was still in his traumatized state of mind.
“Derek are you ok?” Julie asked
“I....I’m fine”
“You don’t look so good how about if you take a seat.”
Julie pulled a chair over to Derek, placed her hand on his shoulder and slowly guided him down into the chair.
“What...... What is going on??”
“I don’t know but I intend to find out!”
Damien knew that this was a horrible time to be thinking about anything other than what had just happened but he could not help himself, amidst all of the commotion he felt something different with Julie, he did not know what it was but there was definitely something there. Three hours had past and still no word from the hospital or James, so Damien decided to call up the hospital to see if there had been any change in his condition. He got the hospital operator and asked the be transferred to someone who could help him or give him any information on James, he got transferred up to recovery. Damien was really surprised that he got transferred up there, he was under the impression by the way that James had left he would at least be in the ICU. Damien then got transferred into James’ recovery room, the phone rang twice and the James answered.
“Hello?” Came a groggy voice.
“Hi umm, is this James?”
“Yeah who’s this?”
“It’s Damien, hey man what the hell happened!?”
“Calm down”, James chuckled slightly, “I am ok it was an accident.”
“It was an....and accident?!”
Derek and Julie both looked at Damien, as he repeated what was told to him, in disbelief.
“What do you mean an accident??”
“Well, I was leaning back on chair throwing my pen in the air, I went a little too far back right as I had tossed my pen and it came down first and I came down second right on top of it.”
Damien listened to this story with great intent, not quite understanding how that was possible but nevertheless believing the story.
“I talked to the doctors, they said I was very lucky to not be paralyzed, it hit a nerve in my back so my left leg is numb but other than that I am going to be ok, I can still walk and you guys are still stuck with me!” James said with great cheer in his voice.
As Damien took great relief to what was just told to him he decided it was time to sit down, three hours is a long time to be pacing around one room. As Damien leaned back in his chair it made sort of a squeak, and he could feel himself drifting into a daze type sleep, as he caught himself drifting the first and second time, the third time caught him off guard and he slowly slipped off into dream land. He woke with a start to find himself lying in his bed at home, alone and cold. The lights are all off in the house so he went through the place looking for his fiancé figuring she must also be asleep somewhere, Damien has no lick locating Jasmine. As dreams go he has memories that are not really his own, he remembers how close him and Julie have become so he calls her up. The phone rings once, twice, and on the third time he can hear a sweet seductive voice on the other end of the line.
“hello?”
“Hey Julie, it’s Damien”
“Oh I know who this is.”
“How?”
“Oh I knew you would be calling, you couldn’t stay with the bimbo forever.”
“You mean Jasmine?”
“Yeah, her! So do you want to come over, and we can hang out, or rather you can hang out.”
“Why Miss Julie are you trying to seduce me?”
“Is it working?”
“It is very much so, I want you so bad right now.”
The next thing Damien realizes he is sitting on Julie’s couch with his arm around her, and she is making very seductive noises and she looks deep into Damien’s eyes.
“Julie are you ok with this?”
“Yeah, I am more than ok with it, are you?”
“I am, I am.”
“Then what are you waiting for?”
“The perfect girl for me”, Damien says as he winks at Julie.
““Here I am take me.”
“Don’t temp me you gorgeous naughty girl.”
“And what if I do?”
“I will just have to do something about it then”, Damien says as he gently cups Julies chin in the palm of his hand. He slowly moves closer and closer to her as he touches her lips with his with the gentlest touch Julie has ever felt. Julie can feel herself falling deeper into his trance, as he continues to kiss her with his butterfly kisses. She feels his hands slowly moving down from her face and down to her shoulders, Damien pulls her closer to him making her let out a little excited gasp that she was not expecting. His hands move down her body with great ease and turning her on more and more with every inch of her body that he touches. She can feel his hands passing down her waist onto her thighs and down to her knees. Julie lets out a slight giggle as Damien purposely tickled her knee, she could feel his other hand slowly moving up her inner thigh making her a little bit nervous but she welcomed the feeling. Julie knew this is what she wanted, she knew she wanted to feel him and she wanted him to feel her. She longer for him to play with her and to make her feel love again, Damien did just that. As he moved his hands to her inner thigh she felt him creeping up farther and farther, and she could feel herself getting tenser as she longed for his touch. Damien continued to kiss Julie as he was getting more turned on he felt himself getting excited and he did not care if Julie saw him or not, he wanted her to feel him. He felt himself pressing up against Julie, and as soon as he did that Julie felt Damien and she lost control.
Julie grabbed Damien’s hands, swung them around and she was on top of him in a matter of seconds. Damien did not mind have the woman take control; in fact he welcomed it when he was feeling a little extra horny, and that night was no exception. Julie grabbed the bottom of Damien’s shirt and pulled it off over top of his head, then tossed it to the other side of the room, she saw his chiseled chest with his rock hard abs she almost lost complete control. As she kissed his lips she felt herself moving down, she kissed his neck then moved a little bit farther down and kissed his abs, she stopped there as she looked up with a smile as if to tease him. Damien woke up with a start as Derek started to laugh at him.
‘Dude!”
“What the hell man?!?” Damien snapped at Derek.
“Hey Damien, you sound like you are having fun there.”
“What are you talking about?” Damien asked.
“Dude you are totally talking in your sleep.”
“No I’m not”
“Ummm yeah dude, you are”, Derek argued.
“Bull.”
“So uh, I think I may have made a mistake in introducing the two of you.”
“The two of who?”
“You know damn well who, you and Julie.”
“Why do you say that?”Damien asked.
“Dude you were totally dreaming about her macking on you!"
No sooner had Derek finish his sentence....

No comments:

Post a Comment